Thebook-addict reccommends: Mental Health, Psychology, Self Help & the Brain

Saturday, 16 April 2016


If you weren't aware, last year I uploaded a post about my experience with depression. I was positively surprised by all the lovely comments and the amount of people who built up the courage to share their stories too.

Also, I'm currently studying my A levels (English Literature, English Language & Psychology) and have little over a year before I will be deciding which university I shall be attending (eek!). But I know that wherever I am, I will no doubt be studying Psychology, a subject with which I've had a deep set interest both before and during my tackles with Mental Health.

With these two things combined, needless to say, I read a ton of books around these topics. Whether they are factual, non fiction, explaining Psychological concepts, accounts detailing both Doctor and Patients in the mental health field's experience, memoirs, literature accounting mental health thematically, and also 'self help' books.

I am always looking for more to read in these genres, and would welcome any recommendations from you guys. 

So, here we go- my favourite texts concerning the fabulous, wondrous and terrifying brain.




Fiction:




Psychology/ Psychiatry:






Self Help/ Work Books



More information on all of these titles can be found on Goodreads.




























No comments:

Post a Comment